South African Crucial Cup Champions announced
Crucial, Ballistix, Antec and Syntech have shown they mean business by hosting the Crucial Cup for the second year running.
This year’s Crucial Cup saw over 70 teams register. The immense growth in viewership count on the Cups official Twitch stream should be enough to tell the story behind the success of the Crucial Cup.
Epic gaming battles took place these past two months. After a protracted battle, the winners have been announced.
Congratulations to our two victors!
- Bravado Gaming who beat CarboN by a solid victory.
- Pulse Gaming who beat Xperts@Total.Chaos in a seriously closely contested match.
The matches definitely lived up to the intense hype created around it!
Some factors regarding the Crucial Cup:
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Number of teams: 77
- Number of players: 540
- Average combined viewership for Dota and Battlefield matches is: 200
- Stream following: Navtv plus milosh and plus youtube gaming has a combined channel view count of 74 000 views.
- Combined viewership for the finals of Dota and Battlefield was 500
- Website traffic: 8150 during tournament
- Shoutcasters: 6
A huge thank you to the sponsors, Crucial, Ballistix and Antec for the amazing prize money sponsored to the value of R33 000. Without them, this would not have been possible. And of course, congratulations to the organiser Stephen de Witt. Many thanks for arranging this huge successful tournament. We salute you!
I am extremely happy and inspired, with a massive brand like Crucial/ Ballistix/Antec giving our community the support to grow is really something to get excited about. I hope that this Cup shows the passion and determination of our local gaming community and will lead to many more tournaments like this one.
Stephen de Witt
Syntech and their sponsors are pleased to announce that they will be rebranding the Crucial Cup to “The Ballistix Masters Cup SA “as there are plans afoot for a World Wide Ballistix Masters Cup. Details will be launched in May 2016. www.crucialcup.co.za