Saxon shines at Chaine De Rotisseurs Sommeliers and Junior Chefs competition
In what could only be classed as a sweeping victory, The Saxon Boutique Hotel, Villas and Spa excelled at Wednesday’s Chaine De Rotisseurs Sommeliers and Junior Chefs regional competition, earning the top accolades in these two divisions of the competition.
Chefs Darcy Else and Neal Henry took home first and second in the Junior Chefs respectively, whilst Xolani Mancotywa, Lloyd Jusa and Stefan Kobald snatched up the top three spots in the Sommeliers segment.
Renowned for its fine dining offerings and creative flair in gastronomy, The Saxon’s dedication to offering only the finest quality to their guests is evident with their recent wins. The honour was bestowed by the renowned international gastronomic association, Chaine des Rotisseurs, and commenting on the win, Managing Director, George Cohen said, “I speak both for myself and my entire team at The Saxon when I say that we are truly honoured to receive these recent awards from such a prestigious institution. The Saxon is passionate about the quality of our food and beverage offering and we continually evolve our menus, restaurants and wine lists to ensure we remain a market leader in the hospitality industry.”
Executive Chef David Higgs, whose creative flair and vision have added to an entirely new culinary culture at the hotel, echoed Mr. Cohen’s statement, remarking that, “Mentorship, hard work and passion for what they do were the deciding factors in yesterday’s competition. I’m extremely proud of our team and we will continue to push to new heights in our gastronomic offerings.”
For further information contact The Saxon Boutique Hotels, Villas & Spa directly on +27 11 292 6000 or visit their website on www.saxon.co.za.
For media related enquiries, contact Lesley Simpson Communications on Tel: +27 11 463 8195, Fax: +27 11 463 8196 or Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editor:
- Voted ‘World’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ since 2001 by World Travel Awards
- Voted ‘Africa’s Leading Hotel’ by World Travel Awards 2011
- Voted ‘Africa’s Leading Suite’ by World Travel Awards 2011
- Voted ‘South Africa’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ by World Travel Awards 2011
- Voted in the ‘Top 20, Overseas Business Hotels’ in the Conde Nast Reader’s Choice Awards 2011
- Voted ‘Gold List for Best Rooms’ 2011 in Africa and Middle East by Conde Nast Traveller
- Voted ‘Gold List for Best Service’ 2011 in Africa and Middle East by Conde Nast Traveller
- Voted ‘No 5 World’s Best Hotel’ Africa and Middle East by Travel and Leisure 2011
Member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’, ‘Leading Spas of the World’, ‘Virtuoso’, and ‘Signature’
Other Useful Information:
- Nelson Mandela chose these serene surroundings for editing his best-selling autobiography, A Long Walk to Freedom.
- Many discerning travellers, including royalty, statesmen, Nobel prize-winners and best-selling authors have returned time and again to experience the unequalled qualities for which the Saxon has gained worldwide renown.
- The Villas nestling in the lush indigenous gardens, comprising individual suites tastefully decorated with natural woods, silks and sustainable weaves are ideal for families. Each Villa has its own private terrace and heated plunge pool and two of the Villas also have a private spa suite. The three Villas add an additional 29 suites to the existing 25 suites.
- The Saxon Leading Spa and Studio offers all in house guest a variety of Signature Treatments as well as complimentary use of the Hydro facilities to all in house guests.
- Our Fine Dining Restaurant and Chef’s Table offers a tasteful dining experience prepared by our Executive Chef, David Higgs, which is usually paired with wines from our private collection by 1 of our 3 world class Sommeliers.