No frill accident roadside assistance ‘Plan B’ hits the market
South African motorists are set to receive affordable peace of mind when travelling, following the launch of Plan B Roadside Assistance (Plan B) and its revolutionary pay-as-you-go accident roadside assistance card.
To empower motorists who are stranded due to an accident, Plan B has developed a one of a kind product: a R99 accident tow and assist card. When in need, clients simply need to scratch off the back of the card to quote the unique once off pin when calling the help line, 0861 555 111. Plan B will then immediately dispatch help to assist the customer.
“Having been involved in the industry for 20 years, I realised that plan A is often too costly and doesn’t necessarily cater to motorists’ specific needs. Keeping the end user, affordability and convenience in mind, the Plan B pay-per-use card was recently introduced,” explains Mark Mathomes, Owner of Plan B. “Motorists simply need to buy a card at a once of cost of R99 and once they’ve redeemed it, they need to purchase a new card.”
Plan B’s R99 card offers motorists the following benefits:
- Assistance with one vehicle towing after an accident should a vehicle be completely or partially immobilised to the extent that it cannot be driven or moved under its own power. The vehicle will be towed directly to the member’s home/business/chosen destination, free of charge within a 40km radius.
- Medical assistance for one accident/medical incident with the backing of Helivac and Buthelezi E.M.S.
- All necessary emergency medical transportation expenses of air and/or surface transportation, including medical care and all usual ancillary charges incurred in moving a person involved in an accident.
- Assistance during a medical emergency, such as an accident or illness that requires immediate and/or urgent emergency medical transportation.
- Aside from these advantages, there are no lengthy approval periods as applicants register and pay online.
“Essentially what makes us different from other companies is that we specialise in providing road users with professional support in case of an accident with this revolutionary product.
“The card works on a pay-per-need basis to provide our clients with roadside assistance that is more affordable and flexible than the standard plan A offering. We realised that many people can’t afford to pay a monthly premium for accident roadside assistance so with our Plan B card, motorists now only pay R99 each time they require our services. If they don’t need our services, they can keep the card in their wallet or sun visor, until they need our help – so it really is a win-win situation for all,” concludes Mathomes.
All Plan B support team members are fully qualified in emergency medical service support, which is further backed by the expertise of their strategic partners; Helivac, medical helicopter services and Buthelezi Emergency Medical Services.
- For more information on Plan B and to register for a R99 roadside assist card, visit www.planbrsa.co.za